6 Pearls of Wisdom

4:00 AM

The pearl is my favorite jewel.  It is part of the name White Purls - a play on words - White Purls for the techniques I employ in my hat-making... Hand-knitting stitches... The reverse knit stitch... The first half of my passion.

Simultaneously (I love Puns!), White Purls also stands for White Pearls, the pearl necklace... The perennial expression of the pillbox hat... The other half of my passion... Finally, the love I have for everything vintage and the years gone by.  

Today's blog post is dedicated to every woman.  We all need pearls in our lives.  Splurge!  Wield the essence of your femininity through the feel of delicate pearls.  Reach for the goddess within you!  Below is a collection of 6 Pearl related quotes to think about while looking at the Royal Darla Pillbox hat.  You're a Queen!



The Darla Pillbox Hat in Anglaise White


Pearl, the precious prize of a Queen, 
Chastely set in cherished gold, 
In all the East none equalling,   
No peer to her could I behold. 
So round, so rare, a radiant thing, 
So smooth she was, so small of mold, 
Wherever I judged gems glimmering   
I set her apart, her price untold...
-Excerpt from the Poem "Pearl" 
by Anonymous, 
An English Poem of the 14th Century




The Darla Pillbox Hat Fit for a Queen!
Shades of Wine,  Mustard, and Oregano interlace the Fall fashion scene this year.  Pair your Autumn looks with the pearled Darla pillbox hat in Anglaise White.  It is elegant and unique, dainty yet robust, classical yet modern. Perfect juxtaposition for now and forever!



“The rarest things in the world, next to a spirit of discernment, are diamonds and pearls.”
-Jean de la Bruyere



Be the Queen of Your Palace!



“The pearl is the queen of gems and the gem of queens.” 
-Anonymous



The Empress of Your Desires!




A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous with Pearls!




Pillbox Hat Darla Close Up




“Pearls are always appropriate.” 
-Jackie Kennedy




Pillbox Hat with Pearls





“You can't ever go wrong with pearls. Perhaps pearls are a girl's best friend after all.” 
-Ki Hackney





...sharing the love...


What makes you feel glamorous and luxurious?  Let me know what you would die for!  I'd love to here about it... Perhaps make it part of the next White Purls Collection!    

~Myriam

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You look simply stunning, there's no other word! Classy and elegant, the color of the dress is gorgeous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @WhitePurls on Instagram

Like White Purls